Wednesday, November 24, 2010

And So It Begins...

Winter has hit Idaho Falls, and with that has come ice, snow, slush, and more wind!  This morning Kaylee decided at 4 a.m. it would be a good time to swap beds.  She wanted to sleep in the guest room because... I don't know why she just does.  So Mike and I were awake at 4 a.m. and it was WINDY!!  I was laying in bed and heard a rhythmic thud, thud, thud out our window.  So I got up out of bed to investigate and it was a branch scraping the roof of our house with the wind.  This branch doesn't normally come close to our roof but with all the snow and ice then more snow and ice weighing down the branches it was now hitting our roof.  ANNOYING!! So I go back to my warm cozy bed and hope I can just ignore it long enough to fall back asleep.  I was laying there for a few minutes and then Mike SPRANG out of bed and I thought something was wrong with one of the kids. (I don't always hear them ..... sometimes I really don't other times I just ACT like I don't.) Don't tell Mike. So I ask him what is wrong and he tells me he can't sleep with the noise.  So I think he is just going to go watch Sports Center in the family room.  Nope.  He then starts getting some sweats and a sweatshirt on.  I ask him again what he is doing.  His reply "I am going to cut those stupid branches!"

PROOF:
Trust me he was not too happy but we were laughing so hard at the situation :)




Lets just say the only thing that was NOT funny was when he got back into bed and he was freezing I was snugly warm from staying in the house.  He put his ICE COLD feet on mine he told me it was pay back from all the times I did it to him.   

No comments: