Sunday, December 19, 2010

Finding Nemo

While shopping at Wal-Mart we were ready to check out and were behind an older man buying some fish (live fish).  Kaylee was looking at the fish in his cart and told him she liked his fish.  The man then asked Kaylee if she would like her own fish and proceeded to pull out his wallet and gave Kaylee a dollar.  He told Kaylee to go buy her own fish.  Nice huh?  He could have checked with me first.  So off we went back to the fish that was 28 cents, the food was just over a dollar.  So the fish ended up costing us 60 cents.  I didn't buy it a bowl, I was hoping it wouldn't live that long to be perfectly honest.  It was housed in a mason jar for about 2 weeks then I had ENOUGH of cleaning the dumb bowl jar. 

Nemo had a tragic demise with the toilet bowl.  But I don't feel too bad because all drains lead to the Ocean anyway.  We told Kaylee when she finally noticed he was gone 2 days later, that I took him back to Wal-Mart to live with his Dad because he missed him just like in the movie.  ;) pretty good right?  I knew the 'Nemo got flushed' would never fly because I told her about the 'circle of life' the first day we got him and that when he died he would be flushed.  She cried and cried.  So I came up with the 'took him back to Wal-Mart' story on the spot.

Don't worry we still have Roxy we have no immediate plans to flush her down the toilet.  :o)

2 comments:

Jana said...

That's hilarious! I can't believe some random man had you buy a fish!

The Covert Family said...

This is a classic that will go down in history as one of the most fantastic Walmart adventures ever!! So funny!