We went to dinner over at my parents house last night and one of our friends came over too. When he got there Kaylee was sitting at the table eating dinner. I asked him if he liked Kaylee's hair. He kept saying 'oh ya that's Kaylee. uh-huh." When Kaylee finally looked up you could have knocked him over with a feather! He didn't even recognize her!! Kaylee is her curly hair and her curly hair is Kaylee. You can't have one without the other! I will straighten it again sometime soon! But I love love love those curls!!!
Friday, February 4, 2011
Kaylee's Grown-Up Hair
Kaylee has wanted me to straighten her hair for months now! I did once a looooong time ago and it turned out horrible. So yesterday when she asked me again to do it I told her I would but that it would take a long time and she had to be super good. She said that she would. So, we started out by wetting her hair down and then grabbing the blow dryer and brushing her hair straight. Well as straight as I could get it. Now that I am doing this post I am realizing that I should have taken step by step pictures. There would be some doozies!! So after her hair was "straight-ish" I then clipped it up all over with hair bows so I could flat iron it one section at a time. She was so patient and stood there the whole time, she never complained not even once! I'll bet it took like at least a half of an hour to do it. The whole time I was flat ironing it she would say "don't burn me mom" it was pretty funny. I never did burn her, her hair would be hot and touch her skin and she would flinch, but that was it. About 1/3 way through the process she put the hand held mirror down and said "just tell me when you are done you can say 'Kaylee you can look now' Okay Mom? Say that" So she put the mirror down and waited for me to say the word. I was surprised that she didn't look again. So when I told her I was done she grabbed the mirror and had the cutest expression on her face!! She LOVED it!! She said "mom! I have grown up hair now!!" She did indeed then she asked if she could drive! Not yet!
We went to dinner over at my parents house last night and one of our friends came over too. When he got there Kaylee was sitting at the table eating dinner. I asked him if he liked Kaylee's hair. He kept saying 'oh ya that's Kaylee. uh-huh." When Kaylee finally looked up you could have knocked him over with a feather! He didn't even recognize her!! Kaylee is her curly hair and her curly hair is Kaylee. You can't have one without the other! I will straighten it again sometime soon! But I love love love those curls!!!

We went to dinner over at my parents house last night and one of our friends came over too. When he got there Kaylee was sitting at the table eating dinner. I asked him if he liked Kaylee's hair. He kept saying 'oh ya that's Kaylee. uh-huh." When Kaylee finally looked up you could have knocked him over with a feather! He didn't even recognize her!! Kaylee is her curly hair and her curly hair is Kaylee. You can't have one without the other! I will straighten it again sometime soon! But I love love love those curls!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love her hair! She does look so different, but so cute!! ;)
I had so much fun with you girls the other day! It was so good to catch up! We really need to do it again...SOON!
Post a Comment